Food Dealer's Permit

Please note: starting for the 2019 calendar year, we will only accept state or nationally recognized Food Manager's Certification that is approved by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS). City of Houston Food Manager Certification will no longer be valid for a City of Bellaire Food Dealer's Permit (FDP).

All operators of food service establishments within the City of Bellaire are required to have a valid permit issued by the Development Services Department. Required fees are listed on each form. The registration period runs from January 1 through December 31 and MUST be renewed every year.

Permitting Process

To obtain a Food Dealer's Permit, the food establishment will need to turn in the following documents:

  • Completed Food Dealer's Permit Application
  • Copy of a valid State of Texas Sales & Use Permit
  • Proof of Food Manager's Certification(s) (note: a Certified Food Manager MUST be on-duty at all times)
  • Copy of ID for main contact (manager, owner, etc.)

A fee will be charged based upon the type of service of the establishment.

A permit will NOT be issued without all the required documents.

Mobile Units

In addition to the above documents, mobile units need to provide proof of a Mobile Food Permit (medallion) from the City of Houston or a Mobile Food Unit (MFU) Permit from Harris County. Permits from the City of Houston and Harris County must be current and have approved vehicle inspections.

Temporary Permits

Food service establishments wanting to operate in the City of Bellaire for one-time events can apply for a temporary permit. Temporary Food Dealer Permits are issued for no more than a 14-day period and are valid for ONE location only. Temporary permits have the same required documents as the yearly permits and the mobile units (if applicable).