- City of Bellaire
- Fire Department
- Emergency Management
The city will use many ways to communicate with you during an extreme event:
- City's website
- Door to door communication if needed
- Sign up for our list serve
- Posting at city facilities
We encourage everyone to prepare an emergency family plan. Here are some recommendations for you and your family.
Household emergency plans should be kept simple and easy to remember.
- An information link to the outside is crucial. Keep a battery-operated radio and extra batteries on hand and make sure family members know where the radio is kept.
- Post emergency numbers (fire, police, ambulance) by the phone. Teach children how to call 911 for help. Consider a phone that doesn't require electricity to operate. (not portable)
- Teach responsible family members how to turn off the utilities in your home.
- Identify family meeting places outside your neighborhood in case you are separated and be sure everyone is clear about these locations.
- Develop an emergency communication plan. Ask an out-of-state relative or friend to serve as the family's contact. Make sure everyone knows the telephone number of this contact.
- Plan and be familiar with escape routes in case you need to evacuate your neighborhood.
- Be sure to include pets in your family disaster plan. Pets are apart of the family but may not allowed in all public shelters. Go to the Texas Department of Public Safety website for more information.
- Consider investing in an inexpensive National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Weather Radio and set it on the Specific Area Message Encoding frequency for your area.
Hurricane Preparedness Resources:
- Hurricane Preparedness Guide (PDF)
- All Hazard Disaster Preparedness Guide (PDF)
- Hurricane and Severe Weather Guide (PDF)
Use these links below to prepare and to stay informed.
- City Emergency Notifications
- Harris County Office of Homeland Security Emergency Management
- Track Storms
- Texas Prepares
- Houston Area Road Closure Information
- National Flood Insurance Program
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- National Hurricane Center
- Never Drive Across a Flooded Road
- Information on power outages see the map below or report outage to 713-207-2222
The links are all outside entities and are not maintained or endorsed by the City of Bellaire. They are for informational purposes only.