What You Need To Know About Coming To Court During COVID-19
1. Texans take care of each other so we are all wearing face coverings in court. Please come with
your own face covering. We will have a few spares but it will be a lot faster if you have your
2. You will be required to maintain adequate social distancing of at least 6 feet.
3. Only you the defendant should appear unless you require physical assistance or are a juvenile
appearing with a parent/guardian.
4. If you are age 65 or older, or have a serious underlying health condition, such as high blood
pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, asthma or have an immune system
compromised by chemotherapy for cancer, or have another condition requiring therapy, please
notify court staff at 713-662-8105 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss alternate
5. If you have new or worsening signs or symptons of COVID-19 such as fever, cough, shortness of
breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore
throat, loss of taste or smell, diarrhea, or have had known close contact with a person who is
confirmed to have COVID-19, PLEASE DO NOT APPEAR BUT NOTIFY COURT STAFF at 713-662-
8105 or by email at email@example.com of your circumstances so a continuance can be