How do I get a copy of an accident report from the Houston Police Dept.?
This is the Texas Peace Officers' Accident Report form (CRB3) filled out by a Houston Police Officer and filed with the Texas Department of Transportation. Accident reports require 5 to 8 days processing time before they are available to the public. Accident reports are handled by the Records Division, 713 308-8585. You must provide at least two of the following in order to obtain an accident report:

· Date of accident

· Location of accident

· Name(s) of driver(s) / party(s) involved

· Please provide the incident number if available.

There are 3 options on how to obtain the accident report:

· Send a check / money order for $6.00 (made payable to the City of Houston) plus a self addressed stamped envelope with your request to HPD, Records Division, 1200 Travis, Houston, TX 77002 or

· You can go in person to 1200 Travis, 1st floor, pay $6.00 and get a copy of the accident report or

· Accidents that occurred on or after January 1, 2008 can be purchased on-line for $7.50 at:

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a copy of a police accident report?
2. Does the city require I register my dog?
3. Is my dog in your pound?
4. I need my fingerprints taken, where do I go?
5. How to I obtain a concealed handgun permit?
6. How do I thank an Officer?
7. How do I obtain an alarm permit from the City of Bellaire?
8. How do I obtain a clearance letter to travel to another country?
9. What is the process for evicting a tenant?
10. How do I find out if a registered sex offender lives in my neighborhood?
11. How do I contact the Houston Police regarding an accident or incident that occurred in the City of Houston?
12. How do I report an abandoned vehicle located on a public street?
13. What is the fee for a copy of an accident report?
14. How do I get a copy of an accident report from the Houston Police Dept.?
15. Where is the City animal pound located?
16. Where is the City of Bellaire municipal court?
17. I have an unpaid traffic citation from the City of Bellaire court, whom do I contact?
18. Who do I contact regarding child safety seat installation?