When do new residential homes require fire sprinklers?

Any residence with living space above the 2nd story will require an automatic fire sprinkler system. In addition, some homes may require fire sprinklers if the distance from the driveway to the rear of the building exceeds 150 feet. The Fire Marshal will review any application to determine if a fire sprinkler system is required which will then require a permit which can be accessed via the SmartGov portal. Please contact the Building Official for more information at 713-662-8232 or e-mail buildingofficial@bellairetx.gov.

Show All Answers

1. When is a permit needed to do work or have work done at my property?
2. How much do permits cost?
3. Do you take credit cards for permits and registration?
4. Do I need a permit to repair or replace a fence?
5. Do I need a permit to replace windows and window frames?
6. Do I need a permit to paint my house?
7. Even if I do the work myself do I still need a permit?
8. Does my company need to have valid insurance before they can do any work in the City of Bellaire?
9. Can I get a permit application form online?
10. Can I get a registration form on the website?
11. How do I schedule an inspection for my construction project?
12. When is the cut off time to request an inspection?
13. Which building and trade codes does the City use?
14. What standards does the City have for residential construction sites?
15. Can I bring in dirt to raise the level of my lot?
16. Do I need a permit to have a garage sale?
17. When do new residential homes require fire sprinklers?
18. What is an elevation certificate or a FEMA certificate and where do I get one?
19. How can I find out what flood zone my property is located in and what does the designation mean?
20. Is Bellaire zoned?
21. What does it mean to be zoned?
22. Are Deed Restrictions part of zoning?
23. If I have deed restrictions, where would I get a copy of them?
24. Where can I find out what my setbacks are?
25. What is a plat?
26. What is an amended plat?
27. Under what circumstances would I want or need to amend my plat?
28. What is a replat?
29. When do I need a Certificate of Occupancy?
30. I just bought a new boat. Can I store it in the front of my house or in my driveway?
31. Who can I contact regarding tall grass and junked and/or abandoned property?
32. I own a lot in a residential section of Bellaire and I own a small business that needs an office. May I use the house and/or property as an office/business only?
33. Does the City have a Tree Ordinance?
34. Do I need a permit to remove my tree?
35. I would like to install a sign at my business; do I need a permit?
36. We are hosting a big event at our business location. Can we have an inflatable balloon on top of the building or in the parking lot to advertise?
37. Does my caterer/food truck need a food dealer's permit for private event?