One of the more common (and frustrating) crimes to occur in neighborhoods is burglary of motor vehicles. Offenders will often walk neighborhoods and pull on door handles. If they find an unlocked car, they will rifle through your belongings and take anything of value. The Bellaire Police Department offers the following tips to help keep you from becoming a victim:
- Always lock your vehicle and take your keys.
- Never leave your car running and unattended.
- Park in a well-lit area.
- Take valuables with you when you are not in your vehicle.
- Keep valuables out of sight.
- Install an alarm and set it whenever you park your vehicle.
Report suspicious circumstances to the Bellaire Police Department at 713.662.8107.