The Communications Division is a Public Safety Dispatch facility that operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Professionally trained Communications Specialists process calls received from the public and with the aid of computerized dispatch technology, dispatch Police, Fire and/or EMS units as needed. The Communications Division is responsible for maintaining the department's radio, mobile data, and telephone equipment. Division personnel provide information to the FBI and other police agencies via the National and Texas Crime Information Center networks.
The Civilian Operations Division is supervised by the Civilian Operations Manager, Melissa Galan.
Duties of a Communications Officer
- Receive complaints, requests for service and requests for information from the public.
- Ensure proper disposition of all incoming requests in a timely manner.
- Maintain constant communication with all field units.
- Maintain and update NCIC-TCIC files and entries.
- Obtain and distribute NCIC-TCIC information for police personnel.
- Maintain, update and delete information in all files kept by the division in order to facilitate orderly communications among the various divisions.
- Develop positive relationships between the public and the police department through professional courteous service.
All Communications officers receive specialized training and certification from The State of Texas.
Civilian Operations Supervisor