The Bellaire Police Department provides a weekly summary of crimes that occurred in the City of Bellaire.
Please sign up for weekly emails
About The Data: * Data consists of specific Part I crimes (murder, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, theft, auto theft, and arson) and Part II crimes (all other offenses) that would be of major concern to residents.
* The "RMS" data provided represents only calls for police service where a formal, written report was made and does not include other calls for police service that did not result in a written report.
* This data includes unfounded offenses, meaning that after further investigation, the police determined that the reported offense did not actually occur (unfounded reports comprise approximately 3% to 5% of all reported offenses).
* Totals may vary considerably from official totals following investigation and final categorization. Therefore, the data should not be used for comparisons with Uniform Crime Report statistics.
* Any differences between offenses reported in this report and the Uniform Crime Report are due to differences in time of report, reporting requirements, and the inclusion of unfounded cases.
* Due to changes in the computerized programs used to capture statistical data, caution should be used when comparing data to prior years.
How to Use This Information:
* Don't rely on statistics alone. Statistics can lead to false impressions. For example, locations near shopping centers or commercial property may appear to have a high crime rate simply because of minor shoplifting cases.
* Gather a variety of information. Visit neighborhoods and observe the surroundings. Are the homes and yards well-maintained? Are residents walking with children or pets? Are children playing unsupervised? If so, residents probably feel safe. Are burglar bars frequently used? If so, residents have probably experienced significant crime. Talk to residents or contact neighborhood associations for more information.